Making Fish Nuggets
April 1, 2019
Leftover fish - as long as it can still be eaten it will never go to the waste basket. We love to eat our famous street foods like fish balls and nuggets and so I decided to make it at home with these leftovers.
- leftover fish (deboned and flaked)
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 1 cup flour
- spring onions chopped
- red onion chopped
- garlic chopped
- cooking oil
- ground pepper
- Place fish flakes in a blender or food processor.
- Add salt, pepper, onions and.garlic. Leave half of spring onions for later.
- Add one glass of water. Spin on high until everything is pureed.
- Add one tablespoon of flour one at a time. Spin to incorporate well.
- Continue spinning blender until the last batch of flour and when mixture is stiff.
- Add the remaining spring onion and fold it in.
- Place mixture in icing bag.
- Drop small portions of mixture over boiling water.
- Make it float for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place in a strainer to drain excess water.
- Deep fry fish nuggets.
- Serve with your favorite sauce. Ketchup, hot sauce or simply spicy vinegar will be its best pairing.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.