Spicy Sweet Dried Fish

Category Filipino
Dried fish is soaked in a mixture of brown sugar, water, and diced chilies. Then after reducing the liquid and coating the fish, the pieces are fried and served, often with rice. Make this spicy sweet dried fish dish using the recipe provided on this page.

Dried fish has become a staple in my country. People living in coastal areas make and sell this in the market for a living. Filipino's talent in food innovation created a variety of this goods and the industry became bigger and in demand.

Today I'm sharing a sweet variation of dried fish which is less likely to get served because it has higher price than with the original flavor. So I like to do it at home.

• dried fish
  • 2 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • chilies
  • cooking oil

1. Dissolve sugar in water.
  2. Chop chilies and add to the sugar water mixture.
  3. Pour mixture in the pile of dried fish. Soak it for at least 30 minutes.
  4. Drain the fish and pour sugar water in a pan. Bring to boil and cook until thick.
  5. Coat fish one by one in thick syrup.
  6. Allow this to cool and dry for some time.
  7. Fry the fish and serve in any meal time.
  8. Best time for this is during early breakfast, paired with hot coffee and steamed rice.

OMG! This looks wonderfully delightful! I grew up eating freshly- caught fish and this makes my mouth water. But, where do I buy dried fish that looks this good?

All I have seen is bonito online- - little fish pieces. Sometimes we lightly smoke our fish and that is incredible! I just had fish for dinner and now I want more. You are a genius!!! Thank you for this post!

Hi J'Marinde from what country are you? You can find any Filipino store/market if there is available in your country.. They sell filipino goods including dried fish. However, you can try this at home with simple instructions. Here's the link: businessdiary.com.ph/.../

Food and Recipes Recipes International FilipinoDecember 11, 2019
🎄
🎉

Generated 2019-12-12 22:08:15 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️