Spicy Sweet Dried Fish
Dried fish is soaked in a mixture of brown sugar, water, and diced chilies. Then after reducing the liquid and coating the fish, the pieces are fried and served, often with rice. Make this spicy sweet dried fish dish using the recipe provided on this page.
September 11, 2019
Dried fish has become a staple in my country. People living in coastal areas make and sell this in the market for a living. Filipino's talent in food innovation created a variety of this goods and the industry became bigger and in demand.
Today I'm sharing a sweet variation of dried fish which is less likely to get served because it has higher price than with the original flavor. So I like to do it at home.
- dried fish
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- cooking oil
- Dissolve sugar in water.
- Chop chilies and add to the sugar water mixture.
- Pour mixture in the pile of dried fish. Soak it for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain the fish and pour sugar water in a pan. Bring to boil and cook until thick.
- Coat fish one by one in thick syrup.
- Allow this to cool and dry for some time.
- Fry the fish and serve in any meal time.
- Best time for this is during early breakfast, paired with hot coffee and steamed rice.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.