Cleaning Coated Eyeglass Lenses

How do you clean anti-reflective eyeglass lenses and multi-coated lenses?

upulgamage from Sri Lanka

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I asked the same question at an optical shop and I was told to use a soft cotton cloth and a mixture of a small amount of rubbing alcohol and water.

I had an old flannel nightie that I cut up and use to clean my glasses. There are commercial products but soap and water does it for me letting them dry then polishing with the flannel

I was told to use a paper towel.

Be sure you rinse the lenses well before cleaning or polishing to remove any particles that may scratch the lens surface.

Three comments: I have always heard that since paper is made from wood pulp it can scratch glasses.

My glasses were tuning cloudy when I cleaned them and when I told my optical store what that I was using alcohol with a little Dawn in it they said the alcohol reacts with those coatings and is causing the cloudiness.

They said if I am going to make my own to use distilled water with a few drops of Dawn or any dish washing liquid in it and that has solved my problem.

most all materials will scratch plastic with coated lenses over time. I use a micro fabric cloth from lenscrafters works great without liquid and can be washed when dirty

Answer

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousAugust 4, 2008
Close up of Cleaning Eyeglasses
Homemade Eyeglass Cleaner Recipes
Uses for Contact Lens Cases, Green and white contact lens case.
Uses for Contact Lens Cases
A woman putting on contact lenses.
Caring for Contact Lenses
Cleaning eyeglasses with a cloth.
Cleaning Eyeglasses
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 14, 2016 at 4:13:39 PM on 10.0.1.158 in 810 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.