Outlet Stopped Working

I plugged my heater into an outlet; now the outlet doesn't work. I replaced the outlet, but still doesn't work. Two other outlets in the room work and the light works. It didn't knock out the breaker. What could be wrong? Please help.

By Deb from Wheeling, WV

I would try a different appliance in the outlet to see if the outlet in question works. If not then I would reset the circuit breaker and try again. If it still doesn't work it may be the circuit breaker is not working and needs to be replaced. Also try the heater in a different outlet to see if the heater is not working. If the heater does not work then I would say the heater burned out and needs to be replaced.

If you can, try tracing the wiring back to the breaker box. If it goes through a junction box, the wire may have become disconnected there. Please don't keep trying to use the circuit. If you can turn off the breaker, that would be best. If a wire is broken or disconnected it is a fire hazard and should be turned off right away.

Well, my husband got the outlet working. what happen is i wanted to put a fan it the room with light so my husband took down old fan with no light. so it is bx wiring so there was no box so he put in a metal box so what we were reading on bx wiring it needs to have a bx clamp to secure it so he put clamp on. and put fan back up and everything is working now. I bought a book on old wiring and that is what help us thanks to all. :O)

Man fixing and electrical outlet
Repairing an Electric Outlet
Home and Garden Repair Home ElectricalJanuary 18, 2011
young girl with facial blemishes, eyes closed
ProActiv Stopped Working for Me
washing machine
Maytag Washer Error Codes
Recycled wooden chair planter.
Making a Chair Planter
changing an outlet
Changing a 15 Amp Outlet to 20 Amps