Outlet Not Working?

I have a single outlet in my living room that is not working. All other outlets and lights are working fine. I changed the outlet to a GFCI, but it is still not working. I checked the wire with a voltage meter, no juice coming in through wire. This doesn't seem to make sense. I checked the panel, nothing is tripped. This outlet is about 5 feet from another outlet, that one is working fine.

My husband the electrician says that your new outlet is wired backward meaning that you have your wires switched. Please switch your breaker off before correcting this.

Thank you for your response. This is not a "new" outlet. I bought this house a few months ago. The outlet has been there for years. There is no "juice" coming into the wires. Any suggestions/info is appreciated.

Home and Garden Repair Home ElectricalJanuary 14, 2018
😷
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Outlet-Not-Working-1.html