Outlet Stopped Working?

The outlet just stopped working. I am not sure why, but here is the confusing part. The breaker is not flipping off, but when you turn the breaker off then back on it works for a second and stops again. I have lived here for 3 years and nothing like this has happened before. So what do I do to fix this? Would a new outlet fix this or is it a more serious issue? I'm kinda worried there may be an exposed wire or something shorting it out. Anyone else have this issue or any ideas?

You could have a loose wire. Here is an article from Family Handyman that tells you how to troubleshoot: www.familyhandyman.com/.../view-all

My husband is an electrician. He says that it either has a bad breaker or a loose connection. Either one can cause at the least an outlet that does not work or at worst an electrical fire. You would do well to hire a certified electrician to check it out for you.

Home and Garden Repair Home ElectricalMay 17, 2017
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Outlet-Stopped-Working-9.html