Deviled Eggs

• 6 hard boiled eggs
  • 1 Tbsp. melted butter
  • 1/2 tsp. mustard
  • 1 Tbsp. sweet pickle juice
  • few drops of Worcestershire sauce
  • Ad
  • mayonnaise (enough to moisten)

Directions:

Boil 6 eggs to hard-boiled stage. Cool completely, peel and slice in half. Mash egg yolk and add above ingredients. Fill egg white cups.

By Robin from Washington, IA

I use celery salt in place of regular salt. Adds a nice flavor.

Using a tip from this site, I placed my yolks and all ingredients in a Ziploc bag and mashed and mixed it all together, cut off a bottom tip of the bag and filled the eggs. It worked great. I have also filled my eggs with an icing bag and tip and they turn out very fancy looking with ease.

September 28, 2011 Flag
My favorite to eat as a snack. Also love to make these for potlucks!

• 10 hard-cooked eggs
  • 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
  • 1 Tbsp. sugar
  • 2 tsp. vinegar
  • 1 tsp. mustard
  • salt, to taste

Directions:

Place eggs in saucepan and cover with cold water. When it starts to boil, cook 10 minutes. Remove from heat; rinse with cold water. When cool, cut peeled eggs in half lengthwise with knife dipped in cold water. Remove yolks and place in small bowl. Mash with pastry blender or fork. Combine Miracle Whip, sugar, vinegar, mustard and salt. Stir into yolks until well-mixed. Spoon filling into whites. May sprinkle with pepper or paprika, if desired.

Servings: 20
Prep Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes

By Robin from Washington, IA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 15, 2009 Flag

Ingredients

• 6 large eggs, hard-boiled
  • 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
  • 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper

Directions

Press egg yolks through sieve for creamy filling. Mix all together. Cover and refrigerate. For curried eggs: Add 1/4 tsp. curry powder. For dilled eggs: Add 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill.

By Robin from Washington, IA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 23, 2009 Flag

Well with Easter coming, I know there will be plenty of eggs to deal with. I would like to share a recipe with you for Deviled Eggs. I found this recipe and have been using it for over 30 years and I never bring any home or have any left. They are delicious and easy, and you can always have the kids take the shells off. When they get older, they can do it themselves, it is so easy!

Peel 6 hard cooked eggs (You can always double for company). Cut peeled eggs into halves. Slip out yolks. Mash with fork just until they are all mashed (do not mix until creamy). Add 3 Tbsp. Mayo, Miracle Whip Salad Dressing (I can vouch for the Salad Dressing),Vinegar OR half and half. It depends on your taste. (I just tried the salad dressing and was hooked, as well as everyone else!)

Now add:

• 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. Dry Mustard (you can not use regular mustard as a replacement)

Mix together with the eggs. Next, fill the egg whites, heaping lightly. You can also sprinkle Paprika on top for color. Now you are done, Yea!

If you have time use a pastry bag, fill it and, using a large fancy tip, fill the egg whites.

Place the eggs on a nice egg plate. If you do not have a egg plate, use some lettuce on a fancy plate and place eggs on top for a little dressier look. If you have paper dollies, they look really nice also. But if you are busy, just plop them down on a plate. They taste just as good! I hope you all enjoy!

Source: I found this in my Betty Crocker Recipe Book 30 years ago and, I am sorry to say, this book has seen better days!

By Dar from Fairview, PA

Answers:

Simple Deviled Eggs

If you use 1/4 teaspoon celery salt and 1/4 regular salt, with Miracle whip and a couple of drops of yellow mustard, it's even better (03/22/2008)

By lynnt

Simple Deviled Eggs

I am a little confused with recipe. I think you mean add mayo or miracle whip or vinegar or half and half. Is this right or do you add more than one of these ingredianst? Thanks. (03/22/2008)

By jmelby

Simple Deviled Eggs

I am sorry maybe I obviously needed to be clearer. You are to use either Mayo or Miracle Whip salad dressing, or vinegar OR half and half. I always used the Salad Dressing and the 3 tbsp worked ok for me. I never tried anything else as everyone esp me included, loved the taste. I hope this helped. Sorry, Darlene (03/23/2008)

By Darlene

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 23, 2009 Flag

I'm always requested to bring this when I am invited to an event. I once brought 40 halves and it still was not enough eggs! Rubbermaid makes the containers which hold 20 halves each. I bought mine at Target when they were on sale for $2.00 each.

I use Best Food's Relish Sandwich Spread to mix the cooked yolk and then fill the halved cooked white eggs, and sprinkle with paprika. I've tried the Kraft brand and it is too sour for my taste. Just use enough sandwich spread for the right creaminess to your liking before filling the eggs. I used to also put in a little yellow food coloring, but I don't bother with doing that anymore, since the paprika pretty much covers it.

By Las Vegas Angel

Answers:

Easy Deviled Eggs

Put your egg yolk mixture in a cookie press to fill the whites. (04/20/2005)

By

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Gourmet deviled eggs, with a chive garnish.
Deviled Eggs Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes EggsDecember 15, 2009
Deviled Eggs Closeup
Deviled Eggs Tips
Scrambled eggs are too watery.
Watery Scrambled Eggs
Photo of skull deviled eggs.
Halloween Deviled Eggs
Deviled Chicken
Deviled Chicken Recipes
🎉
🎄