Storing Pocketbooks

I have a lot of pocketbooks and can't figure out how to store all of them in my closet. I dislike clutter and that's what is happening. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

By lrrn567 from Bristol, CT

When you say pocket books, do you mean wallets? If so, get an inexpensive shoe bag from a thrift store or dollar tree and you can fit even the biggest ones in there.

If you mean purses, you can hang them from hangers two ways. One, put the straps over the hook, using two purses for each hanger (double the hanger for heavier ones, using two at once). If you put each purse on the hook on the opposite sides, you can balence things out. Or, you can get some black bulldog clips and loop the strap over the base of the hanger and clip it to itself. You can do that with several smaller bags at once.

Hope that helps.

PBP

Thank you. It's difficult to put them in my closet too. I'll give this a try. I just bought some of those Joy Magnano hangers and am going to start redoing my closet. It's the bulk that gives me the problem, and yes they are bigger sized pocketbooks.

Have you thought of trying the Miche Bag? Its a handbag that you can purchase and instead of changing all of the contents of your purse to match your outfit, you just change the outside shell.

You can take a look at them here: www.4CustomHandbags.com

I make a chain out of the plain (cheap) shower hooks. Hook the first one over the closet rod and slip the handle of each purse through a shower hook. All the purses are easily stored and easily accessable.

I store all of my smaller pocketbooks inside my larger bags, and then hang the large ones from hooks we have on the side of the closet. This works well for me.

My advice is slightly different. Get rid of some of them, that's what I did. Man I love love love new purses, but had so many and just no room. So I kept a few I can't get rid of, and gave the rest away to family and friends and freecycle.

You can get stackable see-thru boxes and store the purses in those.

Organizing ClosetAugust 12, 2009
Canning Green Beans, Freezing Green Beans, Growing Green Beans, Storing Green Beans, Drying Green Beans
Storing Green Beans
Grapfruit wedge with grapefruits in the background.
Storing Grapefruit
Whole limes and limes cut in half.
Storing Limes
Pile of red cherries.
Storing Cherries
🎉
🎄