Clothing Washed and Dried With Non-permanent Marker - Categories:

StainsCleaning

Clothing Washed and Dried With Non-permanent Marker

I accidentally left a non-permanent red marker in a pocket of clothing and preceded to wash and dry it. I now have red marks all over several pieces of light colored, mostly cotton or cotton blend clothing - Help!!

What can I do to save the clothing and remove the red marker?

Thank you!

Michelle from Michigan

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Try soaking each stain with hairspray, wash, repeat until stain is gone. Hairspray does remove most inks, even permanent. Or try the Mr. Clean eraser sometimes works on fabric stains without ruining fabric. Or shout stain wipes. Or even oxyclean. Hairspray would be my first choice.

I have a skirt which has been left damp in a bag and now has mold stains all over it, do you know how i can get this out ?

To clean marker and even permanent marker, try using nail polish remover. I strongly suggest to test it on an inconspicuous area of the clothing first just to make sure it doesn't damage your clothing.

my bf gave me his t-shirt w/ his last name on the back. my mom washed it and it totally bleed. ive tryed everything. HELP!!!

My son took a barbie marker to a friends blanket and i need to get it out can you hepl me?

HI

CAN ANYONE HELP ME I HAVE GOT PERMANENT MARKER ON MY YELLOW AUSTRALIA HOME SHIRT 100% POLYESTER, HOW DO I GET IT OUT

i went to a concert and got my shirt signed by every member of the band in sharpie marker. how do i wash my shirt without the sharpie being removed?

I got a pair of jeans signed by every member of one of my favorite bands, I used sharpie. I want to wash the jeans so I can wear them again but I don't want the sharpie to fade. Any ideas on what I can do?

Use rubbing alcohol. Use a sponge or washcloth under the fabric and pour alcohol on it and on a washclothe and rub it a bit then wash it.

I'd be surprised if your red marker stains don't just come out gradually in the wash over time. I've got a toddler in daycare and I have to label everything she wears. I do it with so called "permanent" laundry markers and it washes off in months. So far, I have found that none of them are truly permanent!

My 5 year old got marker on a 60 year old blanket that can't be washed. Any ideas on how I can get it out?

My daughter thought that my dress form needs a face, so she drew one on. I am quite upset about it since I use it professionally. I have already tried: oxi clean, brillo, hair spray, alcohol, spray and wash. Any more ideas?

Right now my dress form is lying on a back being rubbed, cleaned, brushed, and still the face is bravely smiling at me.

Best, Marionka

I have successfully cleaned black permanent marker from clothes using old fashioned lye soap. Wet the stain with warm water. Rub soap into the stain. I use an old toothbrush to scrub the soap into the stain. I usually let the soap soak into the stain for several hours. Then I wash it with the regular laundry. If using this method on an upholstered piece, use a wet cloth to absorb the soap and water after the stain has gone. This has worked for me on almost every kind of stain.

I would try alcohol on the stain. I have used alcohol on stains from pens and I also use it for paint stains from acrylics and if you get it right away most of it will come out. I tracked some oil paint on my rug and used Murphy's Oil Soap on it after a couple of hours and it came out.

Try windex, put a cloth or paper towel under the material spray windex and blot the stain till it comes out. Also great for spraying carpet (ours is light tan). All I know is it worked for us.

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsJanuary 1, 2005
Primary Colored Shirts on Clothesline
Making a Clothesline
Dry Erase Markers
Removing Dry Erase Marker from a Couch
Dry Erase Markers on White Background
Removing Dry Erase Marker from a Chalk Board
Dried lime cut in half.
Recipes Using Dried Limes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 18, 2016 at 12:59:49 PM on 10.0.1.58 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.