Making a Decoupage Tile Heat Resistant

I am attempting to make a teapot stand using a white square tile and a picture (of the Mad Hatter's Tea party) I downloaded from Google images. I glued the picture to the tile with PVC glue that dries clear and when dry I painted on another coat to protect the picture.

But when I eventually put my teapot on it, the picture wasn't sealed and now has a big white ring on it from the bottom of the teapot. Is there another way to protect the picture so that it is heatproof?

Do you think if I laminated the picture, then glued it on, that it would be protected or would the heat from the teapot melt the plastic? Thank you.

By Debera from Australia

Answers

March 17, 2010 Flag

How can I make a tile that I have decorated with paper into a hot plate? I used something like Mod Podge to bond the paper onto the tile then I varnished with water based varnish. I am not sure how water/heat resistant a tile like this would be.

Thank you.
Lisa from Greece

Answers:

Making a Decoupage Tile Heat Resistant

Lisa, I was surfing and saw this product and I remembered seeing your question. I "do not" know if this will work, but it says "heat and alcohol resistant". I thought I'd let you see it and decide for yourself. http://www.fabricspraypaint.com/Default.asp?Item=DS3801090MandName=Finish_Perfect">

I was in your beautiful country a year and a half ago and loved it. (03/29/2007)

By Luvyabye

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes