Making a Decoupage Tile Heat Resistant?

Category Decoupage
Decoupaged tiles are fun to make. They would also be quite useful in the kitchen if made heat resistant. This is a page about making a decoupage tile heat resistant.

I am attempting to make a teapot stand using a white square tile and a picture (of the Mad Hatter's Tea party) I downloaded from Google images. I glued the picture to the tile with PVC glue that dries clear and when dry I painted on another coat to protect the picture.

But when I eventually put my teapot on it, the picture wasn't sealed and now has a big white ring on it from the bottom of the teapot. Is there another way to protect the picture so that it is heatproof?

Do you think if I laminated the picture, then glued it on, that it would be protected or would the heat from the teapot melt the plastic? Thank you.

By debera morrow from Australia

Crafts DecoupageApril 6, 2013
😎
😷
🌻
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf32728547.tip.html