Making a Decoupage Tile Heat Resistant

Category Decoupage
Decoupaged tiles are fun to make. They would also be quite useful in the kitchen if made heat resistant. This is a guide about making a decoupage tile heat resistant.

I am attempting to make a teapot stand using a white square tile and a picture (of the Mad Hatter's Tea party) I downloaded from Google images. I glued the picture to the tile with PVC glue that dries clear and when dry I painted on another coat to protect the picture.

But when I eventually put my teapot on it, the picture wasn't sealed and now has a big white ring on it from the bottom of the teapot. Is there another way to protect the picture so that it is heatproof?

Do you think if I laminated the picture, then glued it on, that it would be protected or would the heat from the teapot melt the plastic? Thank you.

By debera morrow from Australia