Save Money, Buy Men's Deodorant

Men's deodorant is usually a lot cheaper than women's deodorant. I often buy the men's stuff in unscented. It's nice to have it last longer and I have noticed no difference in using it. It works great.

By Janet from Brant Rock, MA

Glad you mentioned the unscented kind! I ran out one day and used my guys Right Guard something scent and was sure all day everybody could "smell" me...I know I could smell it!!

One thing to keep in mind is a possible reaction to the men's deodorant - Found that through my regular coupon use, I came across a men's version that I was allergic to - very bad rash.

Now, I just stay away from that brand and use coupons for the other ones, I get a better savings buying men's and they are a bit larger.

Suggestion: Our bodies do not make the odor from sweat. It is caused by bacteria living on the sweat. The "CURE" to keep us from smelling bad is to use an Antibacterial deodorant. (I use Mitchum unscented - currently a liquid version, the solid I have been unable to locate recently.) For 15 years I was a welder and my wife approved my use of an antibacterial deodorant over any anti-perspirant (like that would stop a welder from sweating!) or deodorant. To kill the odor kill the bacteria.

I'm not particularly stinky, but find the man's version works better anyway, plus there is usually more in the package!

Guys what about Suave they are not expensive and it is made for a women. They have all kinds of stuff. I need to buy full body shampoo because my hair is fine. First I use the VO5 full body shampoo because it is cheap and since I couldn't find the container from VO5 I brought the Suave and works just as well we use the Suave products all the time and love them.

The best buy for deodorant I have found is a crystal. It is about the size of an ice cube and can be found at Whole Foods type stores. It may cost $3-$4 but will last several months if not a year. Simply rub it lightly in the armpit area. The naturally occurring moisture there should be adequate for proper application. It has no odor but it does prevent odor.

Hmmm.....great idea! Never thought to do that!! Will right that on my grocery list right now! Thanks for the suggestion!

I am a woman who uses Men's Mitchum deodorant. First of all, I am a heavy sweater and this works! They used to advertise that it was so good that you could miss a day and still be protected. On days that I'm not planning to do anything to work up a sweat, I don't put it on and am still protected. Makes me feel like it's a buy 1 get 1 free kind of a deal.

This issue of using stuff "made for men" by a woman. Or, for that matter, men using stuff "made for women". Is just commercial hype and we know it. And a way to get away with making inferior stuff for women.

My discovery is that men's underpants-especially the bikini type-work just as well as women's. I have decided to do this because the women's panties which used to be pretty well made are becoming really junky. They unravel and the fabric is really cheesey. It might make good cheese cloth. Men's bikinis fit me and are made much better. I'm planning to get more before they decide to save money by making those really super cheaply.

Men's deodorant/antiperspirant works much better for me, the type of work I do, and smells better for much longer.

Photo of a stick of Sure deodorant.
Saving Money on Deodorant
Better Living Frugal Living TipsJanuary 7, 2009
A woman putting on deodorant.
Deodorant Reviews
Man Using Deodorant
Using Deodorant
A business suit with a white shirt and red tie.
Saving Money on Men's Suits
Deodorant Stains
Removing Deodorant Stains From a Sweater
🎉
🎄