Garden: Verbena (Florida)

I planted these 12 very small verbenas in October and look what happened! Now just 4 months later they have taken over the entire area across my screened porch. They bloom all through the winter here in Florida and survive the light frost that we get every year. They will start looking scraggly around June when it gets extremely hot and humid, so I will cut them back extensively. Then they all come back to look like this next "winter"

By Carol L.C.

Garden: Verbena (Florida)

Garden: Verbena (Florida)

Verbena is my favorite flower to grow. The bigger the spot or pot the bigger they get. My first one I put in a very large pot and it got as big as my bushes. Thanks for the pictures (I live in Michigan now) it makes me even more excited for spring to get here! Jenny

Growing Verbena
Growing Verbena
Photos GardenMarch 10, 2011
Ft. Lauderdale Beach in Florida.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida - Frugal Travel Guide
Florida Plumeria
Florida Gardening Tips and Photos
Little girl giving to Salvation Army.
Florida Christmas Charities
Lemon Verbena
Growing Lemon Verbena
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 23, 2016 at 12:05:24 AM on in 956 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.