Blue Glass Maiden Statuette
This modern looking statuette seems to be made of glass beads, but it's actually Styrofoam at the core. This keeps the statuette cheap, easy to make, and light enough to put anywhere.
Approximate Time: 1 hour without drying time
- Styrofoam ball: 1 1/2 inch
- Styrofoam egg: 1 7/8 x 2 1/2 inch
- Styrofoam cone: 3 7/8 x 8 7/8 inch
- Krylon "Short Cuts" Forever Blue spray paint
- low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- round light blue glass accent gems (1/2 inch, about 260)
- Take the Styrofoam egg by the narrow end. Place the narrow top down flat against the table. Push down gently on the egg to flatten the top. Flatten about 1 inch of the egg.
- Paint ball, egg, and cone with blue spray paint. Let dry.
- Starting at the bottom of the cone, use a glue gun to glue the accent gems around the cone. Leave the top flat part of the cone without gems.
- Use a glue gun to glue the accent gems around the ball and egg. Leave the bottom, flat portion of the egg without gems.
- Place the flat part of the egg on the top of the cone. Use a strong, hefty, but clear glue to attach the egg to the top of the cone to make a body. Use the glue to attach the ball to the top of the egg for a head. Let dry.
By Aysha from Boise, ID
June 17, 20091 found this helpful
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 6, 2016 at 3:42:24 AM on 10.0.2.179 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us