Car Vent Only Blows Hot Air

The a/c is not blowing cold in my 2004 Ford Ranger.

By Dennis from Rockledge, FL

You probably need to have your A/C recharged with freon.

April 9, 2010 Flag

I have a 1997 Ford Ranger and I can not change the temperature of the air coming out of the vents, it's always hot. The only time it changes is when I put it on max AC, then I get cold air out. Is there an easy way to tell if I have a vacuum hose off somewhere that is keeping the vent doors from opening and closing, or could it be an electrical problem?

Thank you.

Kevin from Cincinnati, OH

Vent Only Blows Hot Air

It is probably just the switch. You can probably pick one of these up in a junk yard. If you can't put it on yourself, I'm not sure how much it would cost. (03/07/2007)

By Kathy

Vent Only Blows Hot Air

I guess I should have mentioned that I had the switch already checked out. I'm thinking it's a vacuum line or something. (03/07/2007)

By kwdaye

Vent Only Blows Hot Air

I have the same problem. I found out that the damper door is broken on mine. The electric motor turns, but the door hinge is broken off. My friend is a certified Ford mechanic and he located the problem. He told me I had to roll out the dash to replace it. The electric motor that controls the ac/heat temperature switch connects to the damper door. I still haven't located the part anywhere yet. The Ford mechanic book indicates it is a 5 1/2 hour job. (10/01/2008)

By Scott

Snow Covered Truck
Troubleshooting Truck Heater Problems
Consumer Advice Cars Repair AdviceApril 9, 2010
A/C Heater Vent
Ford F150 Air Conditioner Blowing Hot Air
Floor Air Vent
Removing Urine Odors From an Air Vent
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
Clothes Dryer
Cleaning a Dryer Vent