Storing Embellishments for Making Purses

I have really gotten into sewing purses in the last year or so. I use a lot of the Barbara Randle crazy quilting patterns. They call for a lot of embellishments. Just like having a fabric stash, I have a stash of various embellishments. Here are some storage ideas for these items.

I keep fancy yarns and the furry beaded trims in plastic stackable boxes or drawers. Any beaded fringe, I separate into the proper size zip lock bag and keep them in a plastic shoe box (that way they won't get tangled up with each other and can easily be seen). Once I have cut my strips of fabric for a purse, I place the strips in one of those plastic meat trays with the high sides so everything is in one location while I'm putting the purse together.

By Judy from Birmingham, Al

Old medication bottles with the label removed work well for beads and sequins. I put a dot of hot glue on lid and glue one of the items for fast finding.

Craft supplies for scrapbooking, including scissors, punches, paper and other decorations.
Organizing Craft Supplies
Crafts QuiltingAugust 3, 2006
Sweater Covered Hanger
Making Covered Hangers
Pink Purse on White Background
Repairing Purses
A Christmas wreath made from neckties.
Crafts Using Neckties
Evergreen garland with berries and glass Christmas ornaments.
Making an Evergreen Garland
🎉
🎄