Monistat for Dog Ear Infections

Can you use Monistat in a dog's ear instead of Mometamax? I can't afford a vet.

By Dianne

Here is the link to make Blue Power Ear Wash for dogs that really works and keeps them fresh smelling.

You can get the boric acid powder at Family Dollar a great deal cheaper that is used for killing ants. It's pure boric acid; no additives.

Gentian violet can be purchased at the pharmacy dept.

I like to use the green alcohol at Family Dollar because it smells fresh and has a pleasant scent.

I use this homemade recipe on my cocker spaniels and they have been ear infected clear; just follow directions. Scroll to bottom of page on this link to find the recipe. Good luck!

http://www.vkwr  s.com/health.htm

It also depends on what kind of ear infection your dog has. It could be a yeast infection or a bacterial infection, which means they would be treated differently.

April 19, 2011 Flag

My beagle suffers from ear infections so often and it was getting to expensive to keep going to the vet, so I read that Monistat for women will work. I tried it and after three days it was clear, follow the daytime treatment with a nighttime ear wash and this should do the trick. Hope it helps.

By kilborn7 from Martinsburg, WV

Answers:

Monistat for Dog Ear Infections

I've heard this actually works, but beware of long term effects and the fact it's not a natural product. It's tested for humans not dogs. (04/21/2009)

By John

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Vet treating dog's ear.
Treating a Dog's Ear Infection
Pets HealthApril 19, 2011
A man scratching his ear.
Causes of Ear Itching
A woman with swimmers ear.
Treating and Preventing Swimmers Ear
buzzing in your ear
Buzzing in Your Ears
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 9:51:35 AM on 10.0.0.241 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.