Applesauce Pecan Oatmeal Cookies

It's a recipe for great cookies so easily made with boxed cake mix.

• 1 Box Duncan Hines Yellow Moist Cake Mix (I always sift cake mix)
  • Ad
  • 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
  • 3 eggs
  • 2/3 cup Mazola Corn Oil
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
  • 1 cup chopped pecans

Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add oil and combine well with eggs. (It will get slightly thick). Add applesauce.

Sift Cake Mix with cinnamon, and add half to egg mixture. Stir. Add other half of cake mix. Stir it in. Add oatmeal and pecans and stir. Mixture will be very thick.

Cover with plastic wrap and allow to cool in refrigerator for 2-3 hours. (Overnight is OK). Roll into walnut sized balls and place on parchment lined cookie sheet ( or lightly greased cookie sheet). Flatten slightly with flat bottom of glass.

Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven when edges are brown. Allow to cool slightly, then remove cookies to wire rack.

Don't expect to eat just one. They're worse than Lay's Potato Chips.

Servings: 20-30
Time:10-15 Minutes Preparation Time
10-12 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: A recipe my son and I made up to suit him. He loves pecans.

By Pookarina/Julia from Boca Raton, FL

This is just the type of recipe I was looking for to add to our weekend camping trips. We have 2 cats that will be staying at home, but the 2 dogs and 4 of the grandies will be going with us.

These cookies will fit in backpacks and with the added oatmeal, real eggs and applesauce, I won't worry so much about all the hot dogs these kids will be eating. We always take a bunch of bananas and cans of beans to heat and eat around a campfire. All I have to worry about is keeping my head tied on.

Thanks Pookarina/Julia.

Applesauce Cookies
Applesauce Cookie Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cookies OatmealApril 22, 2010
A bowl of oatmeal.
Saving Money On Oatmeal
Pecan Pie Cake Recipes
Pecan Pie Cake Recipes
Canning Applesauce
Canning Applesauce