Bottle Your Own Water

Did you know that drinking bottled water is being labeled "decadent" because of the plastic bottles? Not only that but research has shown that most of the bottled water is just re-filtered TAP water! To get that bottled water taste from tap water - use an old NYC trick - put a container of water in the frig overnight to dispel any lingering chlorine taste, and then use your own re-fillable container if you are on the go.

Just make sure to sanitize the bottles and lids in the diswasher before each re-use or you risk bacterial infection.

Great reminder! I heard that the State of California is getting ready to BAN bottled water because it fills up the landfills and uses tons of plastic. I've heard that the plastic leaches chemicals in tiny amounts into the water. And those who live in fluoride-deficient areas can't get their needs met with bottled water. TAP water for me! I use a wide-mouth jug to carry it in, I can drink out of it and I can get my hand in there to scrub it. I don't want to drink out of anything that has a biofilm growing in it, of course. Thanks!

Right on Pamphyila! I've been doing that for several years up in Spokane, WA. It tastes fresh and clean and only costs pennies!

Am wondering how long the re-bottled water will remain sanitary when you have fridged it and then decide to take a bottle to work days later, letting it sit on a warm shelf.

Suggestions? Or is this a re-bottle and strictly drink the next day?

It is nt recommended to re-use a bottle due to lingering bacteria which can grow in the water

Purchase spring water to avoid tap water

I suggest using the SoBe glass bottles for re-use, since the bottles are glass and can be washed in the dishwasher.

Bottled Water
Saving Money on Bottled Water
Better Living Frugal Living TipsAugust 10, 2007
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Baby Bottle Feeding
Bottle Feeding Your Baby
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
🎉
🎄