Recycled Wall Art

Use empty kitchen cardboard as a pallet to display favorite fabrics!

1. Open the box all the way so that it will fold down flat.

2. Tuck in the tabs so you have a nice smooth edge (or you can trim them off with scissors)

3. Pick a fabric you like and adjust it to fit the collapsed box.

4. Stitch fabric in place (fold it around the same way as you would wrap a gift)

5. Whip stitch it closed on all open sides.

As you can see at the bottom of the picture, I used large stitches. This is so if I decide later I want the cloth for something else, it will be easy to remove to use again. I am unsure right now how I will hang this on my wall but I think maybe I will attach them together with a nice matching cord so that they hang down together in a vertical row, requiring only one hang tab, largest at the top then the next size, and so on to the smallest one.

By Melody_yesterday from Otterville, MO

I figured out how to hang these & connect them using only one small tack in the wall. File clips. The ones I got at a dollar type store easily come apart.

Slightly pinch the wire together & it will slide out of the slot & hook the next one into it.

It doesn't hang exactly straight down & it was my first attempt (which I will improve on with the next attempt) & my boxes aren't totally flat,which might be helped by using tape under the fabric. I hope this helps!

Looks like you could crate a bunch of different designs. Might be nice to remember at Christmas time. Instead of wrapping your pictures with wrapping paper on your walls you could use some pretty interesting fabric in the year and save it for next year. Could also buy it cheap at a fabric store while on sale, out of season.