Walden Acorn Bracelet and Bark Wall Hang
After a long drive (sadly enough it wasn't within reasonable biking distance) to Walden Pond and back, I created a hemp strung bracelet using acorns along with a piece of bark accented with blue jay feathers and the carving of "BE". BEing at Walden was a phenomenal experience; to stand in the same woods where Thoreau once lived, laughed, saw, ate, and of course, wrote. I hope you enjoy the crafts.
Approximate Time 30 minutes
- Explore the woods and collect acorns, bark, and bluejay feathers.
- Pierce a hole in the center of all acorn tops.
- Measure the hemp to fit wrist.
- Tie a loop at the end of the hemp strand.
- String the acorns on the hemp strand through the pierced holes.
- Create a large knot to fit snugly into the loop at the other end of the hemp strand.
- Place glue on loop and knot for sturdiness.
And there you have a glorious acorn bracelet.
- Flatten out bark and blue jay feathers.
- Place glue on feathers and fix them on the bark as desired.
- Using the knife, carve "BE" into the bark.
And there you have a delightful wall hang.
By Lori from NY
August 15, 20070 found this helpful
What a nice craft! I love Thoreau's ideas on simplicity. Wish I could get to Walden Pond.
TC in MO
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
August 21, 20070 found this helpful
This is so cool! I love nature and this idea is just the kind I love so much! Thank you for sharing it with us!
September 12, 20070 found this helpful
I absolutely love this idea. I can't wait to find some acorns and try it. Thanks!
September 15, 20090 found this helpful
The only problem is it is illegal to use blue jay feathers and most other feathers.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 8, 2016 at 11:31:29 PM on 10.0.0.42 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us