Donating Hotel Shampoo Bottles

I am a registered nurse and also volunteer for the Red Cross and will be leaving shortly for the disaster in New Orleans. I just wanted to suggest a wonderful way to help your local shelter. I travel in my job and stay at motels. I always take the little shampoo, lotion and soap that is given out and I also ask my friends and relatives to do so as well. When I have enough I put them in a basket and deliver them to the local shelter so that they can give them out to people who really need them.

By Judy

Editor's Note: Thank you for volunteering and helping out. Please let us know if there are more things we can do to help after you return.

Top Comment

This collecting has been done at Sears, Roebuck & Co. Corporate headquarters for many years or at least up until I retired in 1996. Hope they have continued it.

I still do it and contribute collection to Sarah's Circle, a drop-in center for all women in Chicago's Uptown area.

what a neat idea!!!!

Four small bottles like those you would get of shampoo, conditioner, and lotion at a hotel, lined up on the edge of a tub.
Donating Hotel Toiletries
Better Living CharityOctober 3, 2005
Old Perfume Bottle
Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
Pouring Shampoo
Uses for Shampoo
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Dry Dog Shampoo Recipes
Dry Dog Shampoo Recipes
🎉
🎄