Repairing Carpet

Unfortunately this morning while ironing my shirts, the iron slipped off the board and fell onto the carpet. As you can guess, its left an iron mark which I'm not very happy about. I understand that you can cut the carpet out and replace it with another patch but does anyone have any tips on covering the lines up around the carpet patch where I've replaced it with the new piece of carpet.

Thanks,
Zippy250

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I have not tried this but read about it and it seems like it would work. You 'brush' your carpet to get the pile from it. Then you use a glue to put on the lines and fill them with the pile. Might be worth a try?? Diane

You must make sure that the nap of the replacement piece is the same direction as the carpet you are putting the patch into. If this is the case and you had a piece of carpet that is worn as much as the spot you are replacing you should not see the patch. Otherwise there is nothing you can do until the new patch wears.

Home and Garden Repair HomeFebruary 8, 2007
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Saving Money on Carpet, Installing Carpet
Saving Money on Carpet
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 12:21:18 PM on 10.0.1.155 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.