Trouble Loading Software on Computer

For some reason my computer won't let me load any software. I can't retrieve pictures from a disk, I can't load Digital Image (which worked fine on my other computer), nothing loads from my CD reader.

When I try setup.exe I get a "not found" message, and I don't seem to have Setup Wizard at all, even when the disc I try to run has it. What's going on, and how do I get my computer to read things?

By Chiismychi from Tucson, AZ

Was it new? Was it used, and maybe "cleaned out" a bit too well? Try googling each individual problem, you might find someone who's informed.

To address a computer issue, you need to specify crapple or windows based. But, it seems you can't get anything to be read in your disc drive, so the drive might be bad. If it is just a cd drive, they are pretty cheap and easy to replace. DVD drives cost a bit more but are also easy to replace.

Search "Device Manager" and check the cd component from there.

If that doesn't work, then do a recovery but back up your stuff on a flash drive first.

If that doesn't work.....take it to a repair shop.

THe CD/DVD drive may be toast. If the device is not found, think about how old the drive is. It may be as easy as spending a few bucks to get a new one.

Thanks for the help, but it looks like it's the repair shop for me.

A man having trouble with his computer.
Troubleshooting Computer Problems
Computers TroubleshootingAugust 6, 2009
Computer Browser
Troubleshooting Computer Software
Anti Virus Software Search
Anti Virus Software Information and Reviews
Front Loading Washer
Dyeing Clothing in a Front Loading Washer
A stack of CDs or DVDs
Saving Money On Computer Software
🎉
🎄