Looking For Low Carb, High Protein Foods

I am looking for high protein food item that can be eaten on the run. The protein items must be low in carbs. I recently had a gastric by-pass and I am kind of tired of cool protein drinks. Dairy products cause a problem because I have asthma (creates a build-up of mucous).

Delanese from Illinois

Try a boiled egg, cut in quarters or whole (peeled) in a plastic baggie or container.

There must be power bars with low carbs that you can munch on the fly..... what about a turkey wrap?

Soy yogurt/cheese/drinks?

tuna salad with a spoon? Egg salad and a rye crisp?

Make things ahead and have them ready to go in the fridge.

What about a frittata recipe (spinach, for instance) or crustless quiche cut into squares. You could probably freeze individual squares and pull them out as needed. Also, I love deli meats wrapped or rolled in lettuce. Very satisfying!!!

cold cut deli meat with mayo wrapped inside. We live on that when we're lc'ing it

You could take along the drained tuna pouches. They don't need to be refrigerated and you just tear the top to open them. Shredded chicken breast comes packaged this way now and so does shrimp.

Pick up extra condiments (mustard, ketchup, pickle relish) at restaurants each time you visit and stash them in your "On The Go" food bag. Include napkins, plastic silverware and bottled water and you'll be road ready at a moments notice.

I had WLS about 18 mos ago and I too got real tired of the protien drinks. Not to mention the COST!!! I find that if I cook Salmon Patties and Black eyed peas, that makes a yummy and quick lunck to take to work. I usually make a nice batch for dinner and then I have some for lunch the next day. Meat loaf is also good and a high protien chili is good this time of the year you can all cheese on top and even freeze the servings for future.

Slim Jims & beef jerky are good and pork rinds have 0 carbs and are pure protein.

cottage cheese salad

1 large container of cottage cheese,

1 large sugarfree jello mix (any flavor),

any kind of canned fruit (drained) (optional),

1 tub of fat free Cool Whip,

any chopped nuts (optional)

Leave jello mix dry. Combine all ingredients well. This can be served for breakfast, lunch, an on the go snack, or any time. (color of the jello will be the color of the salad, only lighter.) Best of Luck!!

I scramble up eggs in the morning and take thick sliced deli ham and place extra sharp cheddar cheese (which you can leave out if it effects your allergies) with some mushrooms and green peppers and a little cracked black pepper and roll it like a burrito so that the ham holds everything inside. Then I use toothpicks to hold it together and either nuke it for 30 seconds or throw it in the hot pan and warm it on both sides and I have a high protein, low-carb meal that is filling and delicious. And most important NOT BLAND!

Low Carb, High Protein and High Fiber
Low Carb, High Protein and High Fiber Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips DietingDecember 3, 2004
Low Carb Pizza
Low Carb Pizza Recipes
High Protein Bread Recipes
High Protein Bread Recipes
Protein Powder
Low Carb Low Protein Powder for Breakfast Shakes
Atkins Diet Chicken Breast Meal
Using the Atkins Diet Plan