Making Wind Chimes

Tips and ideas for making your own wind chimes.

Making Wind Chimes

I use all sizes of natural wreaths as wind chimes. Going to a thrift store or yard sale, I look for the wreaths and gold dinner ware, or any unusual utensil. I drill holes in the dinner ware and using fishing line, tie them on the wreaths. The wreaths are level, which sometimes I use leather strands to make a "hanger" or I keep using the fishing line.

There are so many ways to make wind chimes. I use colorful beads, odd chime tubes, one inch tiles that are glued to a one inch piece of wood. Dig through your jewelry box. Those old pearl earrings could possibly be a piece to a wind chime.

By Tina Harrell

Sea Shell Wind Chime

A set of seashell wind chimes is a great reminder of a summer vacation at the shore. Kids and adults love to collect shells, and here's something creative to do with them!

View This Craft: http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf359973.tip.html

Clay Pot Wind Chime

We all love wind chimes. Me? I love the sound of wooden wind chimes. And this project allows you to have fun with your kids and create a chime made out of simple items. The end result is something to be proud of and looks great hanging out on the patio.

View This Craft: http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf409545.tip.html

Silverware Wind Chimes

Use old silver silverware for the best "sounds", and usually they are more ornamental than what you find in a dollar store or such.

View This Craft: http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf515101.tip.html

What have you used to make your own wind chimes? Post your ideas below.

My husband had a ton of old skeleton keys from his family home that I made a gorgeous and unique windchime with.

At the risk of sounding like an old curmudgeon, let me remind all the "wind chime people" out there that some of your neighbors do not enjoy all that chaotic and constant noise. The sound of silence is what we enjoy most.

Upclose photo of a wind chime hanging outside.
Making Wind Chimes
Crafts AdviceApril 11, 2007
Repairing Wind Chimes
Repairing Wind Chimes
Glass Bottle Wind Chimes
How to Make Glass Bottle Wind Chimes
Wind chimes that are made from a clay pot.
Clay Pot Wind Chimes
Finished Wind Chimes
Silverware Wind Chimes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 17, 2017 at 5:34:08 PM on 10.0.0.67 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.