Dog is Losing its Hair & Request for Flea Remedy

What's the best home remedy to get fleas off my dogs, and what can i do about them losing their hair?

Charlotte

Please take the dogs to the vet, in addition to an infestation of fleas they could have a medical condition, worms, skin disease, etc.

My indoor dogs are given Frontline (from the Vet) 10 months a year and I have never had a problem.

Please take the dogs to the Vet. They could have a medical condition, worms, etc., in addition of an infestation of fleas. Fleas will suck the blood and make them anemic so you should begin treatment as soon as possible.

My dogs are indoor pets and I give them Frontline (from the Vet) 10 months out of the year and have never had a problem with fleas.

I watch Animal Precint and Animal Cops on the Animal Planet network and whenever they find a dog losing it's hair, it is always something serious, and they tell the owner that the dog has to get to the vet right away and be treated with antibiotics.

For immediate relief, mix half baby shampoo and half hydrogen peroxide. Let lather sit on your pet a good 5 minutes (a nice time to sweet talk & massage them). The peroxide kills the fleas and the remedy is not toxic like many otc animal dips &

shampoos. And zinc is a wonderful remedy for any animal having skin problems. Just give 1 tablet a day. Yes, worm your dog (you can do this yourself...

there are many vet supply companies online that have vitamins as well). By all means, if things do not improve see your vet. And all my animals (I have

12) are on Frontline. But the shampoo mix will get you by in a pinch. Good luck

If the dog is scratching a lot because of fleas they will lose their hair that way. My aunts dog had that problem and they thought it was mange but he itches horribly and when they used anti itch spray and it cleared up after a while.

a little garlic mixed in its dogfood also helps repel fleas from its skin.

Isn't Hydrogen Peroxide used to bleach hair???

Try using Avon Skin So Soft if it is safe for babies it is save for dogs and cats. It works for skin problems and will also get rid of fleas.

I would, most definitely, as the vet's advice.

I hope your doggie is better now.

I have two 100 lb plus English Mastiffs and a 5 lb yorkie. One of my mastiffs is itching so bad that he has started to lose his hair near his tail. The other mastiff doesn't even have any signs of fleas. She doesn't itch or anything...well not out of the norm. The yorkie is absolutly infested with fleas. I can't get them off of him.

I have tried rubbing alcohol, which does work for a few hours or a day and then they are back again and really bad. I have also tried rubbing them down with Vinegar and putting a small amt in their water, which I only saw results with my outside mastiffs and not with my yorkie. (he stays inside) My house isn't infested at all. Infact we don't have any problems with the fleas biting us. It's just the dogs.

It really sends up a red flag that only one of my mastiffs is losing hair and whatnot, seeing as they are both outside dogs and they are usually within a close proximity of each other. What do you guys suggest?

my dog has been losing his fur for quite some time now.

hes only 5!

and we've tried everything!

from flea baths, to anti-itch cream, to benadryl

nothing seems to work

we have also tried cortizone shots

still doesn't work

what should i do?

CHINA IS A SMALL SHIH TZU (SPELLING) WE HAVE 2 OTHER DOGS BESIDES CHINA AND WE CHANGED THE FOOD THEY WERE ON TO SOMETHING FOR OLDER DOGS BECAUSE THEY ARE GETTING OLD AT THE 2 ARE . WELL MY HUSBAND NOTICE THAT CHINA WAS LOSING HAIR BY THE ONE HIND LEG WELL TODAY I NOTICE SHE HAS A V GOING NOW.

WHAT SHOULD I DO BESIDES GO TO THE VET?

I also have a dog name ChYna, But Kipper is the one losing hair. I think it might be a rash so maybe a vet check would be best. Also there are some good flea-gone suggestions. just search flea on the top of this site. you'll find it.

Dog Loosing Hair
Remedies for Hair Loss in Dogs
Pets DogsJuly 5, 2004
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
Short haired dachshund getting his hair brushed
Dachshund Losing Hair
Beautiful woman with frizzy hair looking at her comb, with a pained expression
Remedies for Frizzy Hair
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
🎄