Garden: Blessed with a Garden Helper

contest winner icon

Look what I found sitting on my sunflower leaf! I smiled when I saw him there, as I ran to get my camera hoping he would still be there. When I got back he was, and he posed for this picture before he walked away in the direction of a bug. :) He walked off my sunflower leaf onto my railing when I took this second picture of him. I believe he was on his way to lunch.

He is my new garden helper and my friend. I don't use chemicals so it was a blessing seeing him. I know he eats mites, aphids and other insects that eat my flowers. I think he's pretty cool looking don't you?

By Jacquelyne Jean J.

I absolutely love these wonderful creatures! As a child, I would put them on a flower and feed them, and name them, etc. As an adult, I am so glad to see them when I do. I have considered buying them by the dozens and putting them out in the garden, we have a lot of aphids, etc. Of course, as weird as it seems, I do not like their cousins the walking sticks...for some reason, the walking sticks do not seem to like me at all. LOL

Blessings and thank you for bringing back such wonderful memories!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Nice of you to comment! I never knew that you could buy them. :) Yes its wonderful having them in any garden. I have five gardens and I have seen my helper in everyone of them so he's making his rounds. lol Thank You!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

You are welcome, thank you for posting this delightful picture!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

I too love the praying mantis, my grandchildren, when small always called them Nanna's garden friends and woe betide any small mates who put them in a bug catcher. kind regards Jean, Maffra, Gippsland, Australia.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Jean thank you for your comment! Have a nice day! :)

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

A grasshopper in the garden.
Photos of Garden Insects
Photos GardenJune 22, 2011
Scarecrow Craft
Scarecrow Craft Ideas
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Child's Apron
Making a Child's Apron
A garden shed built slightly on a hill.
Building a Shed on Uneven Ground
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 17, 2017 at 1:27:50 AM on 10.0.2.128 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.