Sasha (Boxer/Hound) and Loki (Treeing Walker Hound)

Sasha is 2 years old and is a Boxer Hound mix. Loki is 6 months old and is a Treeing Walker Hound. We got them from the Summit County Animal Shelter.

They like hiking, playing with the kids, chasing each other, and jumping on the trampoline with the kids!

Both of our dogs are very sweet and friendly. They love the kids and are very protective of all of us!

We are lucky enough to live where dogs are loved, every store has one for a mascot, and every resident has one for companionship! They even have their own park and doggie bakery! It's called the Barkery, clever huh!

If it is just to take a walk, or going camping, or whatever adventure we go on as a family, the doggies are there to share in the adventure.

Sasha will sit at the door or window and cry when the kids leave and will do this until they come home. She is a worry wart!

Loki is still molding his personality but he is very smart and has taken to Jade, our youngest daughter.

Pictures shown are, 1st one is Sasha and Alyssa and the 2nd one is Loki being cute!

By JoAnn from Breckenridge, CO

Sorry to JoAnn that this has taken so long to publish. It got lost in the shuffle.

I don't post often but that is the cutest picture I have ever seen. How did you get Shasha to pose like that? I love Brindle dogs. I have a male brindle pit bull.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I can see that Sasha has Alyssa just where he wants her - in the palm of his paw! Ha! That is a darling pic of the two of them. Loki looks mischievous! I know your family gets a great deal of enjoyment from both of them. Thanks for sharing them with us and God bless you.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I wish I had a picture that showed my Snickers better. I swear she looks like Sasha's twin sister! Snickers is a shelter dog (she is 3 now; 100 lbs.) and all they knew was that her mother was a boxer. --- She is the best dog I have ever had. Enjoy... Lee

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I don't mean to sound contrary, but I believe you may be wrong on the breed of your brindle/"striped" dog. I had one a few years ago that could be your dogs twin....even the white on the chest. The shelter where I got her said she was a boxer mix too, but my vet informed me that my dog was really a Hanoverian Hound.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I have a brindle male that looks something like that he has a clipped tail. The people that gave me him said the vet told them he was a pit/boxer mix. He has a boxer body but the head is little a narrow.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I also don't mean to be contrary, but I'm positive that Sasha is a plott hound. it's a very rare breed so most people, including vets, don't know much about them. I have a female plott, winnie, that looks identical to sasha (note that females look quite differently than males, so pics on the web vary). She has the same large white patch on her chest, yellow/orange striped coloring, dark snout, and dark eyes. I love my plott!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What sweet pictures, does your daughter try to dress them in her clothes, cause I vision Sasha in a baby bonnet and loki in a poofy dress. =0]

thank you for sharing. Good luck.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Wow, I did not even see this until today! Thank you all for your comments. For those questioning the breed, it was the shelter that told me Sasha was a boxer mix. I am sure that they are just taking an educated guess! I am betting that most animals dropped at the shelter do not come with much information about their parents. Lol. And we did not have to do anything to get Sasha to pose, she lays like that all of the time!! Sometimes I swear she is part cat! Even lays on the back of the couch. Silly doggie!

Loki has a very distinct voice. Can say I love you. It cracks me up! He can also jump about 6 ft in the air to get a treat! He loves the kids so much.

We now have a new doggie in the mix, Marley. He is a black lab mix. He loves to talk as well.

Reply Like this photo? Yes