Chili for a Crowd

Take 1 - 1/2 lb. of hamburger, regular or deer burger makes it good also. Sprinkle some salt into a skillet or iron dutch oven skillet if you have one, brown with 1 large onion or minced ones from a bottle. After browning, add 2-3 cans of tomato soup right out of the can, then add 2-3 cans of red kidney beans, then add a half package of regular taco mix (they are like 3 packages for 1.00). If you like it real spicy, then add the full package. Add water till it's as thick as you want. Simmer for about 20 minutes, serve or sometimes I make a double batch and eat 1 and freeze the other. It keeps great in the freezer. Makes enough for 6 - 8 people.

By Rossingtongton_Rybel from Reedsville, Ohio

Hi All: I really do cook for a crowd -- 50-75 women a day in a homeless women's shelter. Today we had chili, despite the heat. It's always a favorite. I start with a basic chili recipe (ground beef, diced tomatoes, spices, etc. then add a few cans of canned chili (Spragg's -- cuz it's the BEST I've ever found). Then I chop up a gazzilion mushrooms, green, red and yellow bell peppers, onions and celery and throw it in the mix. If there's not enough liquid I add some V-8 juice. Then cover tightly with foil and throw it into the oven for a couple of hours at 325o and VOILA!

Occasionally I experiment with other ingredients, but when you're feeding the population I'm feeding, one has to be careful not too serve anything too spicy.

When I serve it, I top it with grated cheese.

Everyone loves it!

Yours sounds delicious also and I cook for 100 people every Friday night at our Church sing and everyone loves my chili too.And yours is good if you can eat a lot of spices ,ECT.. but most of the ones I go to church with can't eat all the that kind of stuff,and I have IBS.,and I can't either,but it don't hurt me or them to eat it the way I fix it..But as I said your's sounds great too.

A bowl of chili with corn bread.
Making Chili for a Large Group
Food and Recipes Recipes Soups ChiliJune 11, 2008
chili in crockpots
Setting Up a Chili Bar
Chili Soup
Chili Soup Recipes
Feeding a Large Crowd Cheaply
Feeding a Large Crowd Cheaply
Kabobs for a Large Group
Calculating Ingredients When Feeding Large Group
🎉
🎄