Latex Gloves In The Kitchen

Use disposable rubber gloves for skinning and prepping raw chicken. If you need to answer the door or are interrupted for any reason; just peel them off and dispose of them.

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

I always use a rubber glove when I am chopping jalapenos or other hot peppers. It is really hard to get all that oil off your hands and I always wind up touching my eye and regretting it. :)

Some disposable gloves are for cleaning and some for use with food. Never use the cleaning ones for food.

I agree that using gloves in the kitchen is a good thing, especially for messy hand mixing. If the food you are preparing is going to be eaten by someone other than your own family, it is a good idea to use the vinyl gloves rather than latex ones. Using latex gloves can be dangerous for someone with a latex allergy if they are not aware that latex was in contact with their food.

January 3, 2011 Flag

I use disposable latex gloves (the kind doctors use, you can find them with diabetic or first aid supplies in the store) for anything in the kitchen that requires mixing by hand; shaping meatloaf or meatballs, scraping cookie dough off the spoon, etc. It really makes it much neater (and more sanitary).

By Camilla

Latex Gloves In The Kitchen

Yes I know it is but there is just something about getting your hands in that big bowl of meatloaf mix or that round mound of dough. I think if you wash your hands really good, they are as sanitary as they need to be. Mama didn't kill us so what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. LOL (01/26/2010)

By eveh

Latex Gloves
Uses for Latex Gloves
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsJanuary 3, 2011
Rubber Gloves
Using Rubber Gloves
Fan Patterned Fingerless Gloves
Making Fan Pattern Fingerless Gloves
couple painting
How Can You Tell if Paint is Oil or Latex?
knitted fingerless gloves
Knitting Fingerless Gloves