Uses for Latex Gloves

Latex gloves have many uses around your home. This is a guide about uses for latex gloves.

We grilled out a couple of slabs of 'messy', but delicious BBQ ribs on the grill and when we were ready to get our grub on, I came up with an idea others may appreciate. I had a box of new disposable medical gloves that I gave each person a pair of. We all wore them while eating our ribs and took them off when finished - and had the cleanest hands EVER for handling ribs! I will never be without them at rib time again. Maybe fried chicken, also!

By Patty from IL

Here are several tips I have found to use latex gloves when they get a hole in them. Cut the glove fingers off and use them for several things.

1. For pulling my needle through the fabric when quilting.

2. Keep ointment on my dry fingers, just put one that is tighter on over the ointment, that way I don't have to wear the whole glove.

3. Fill half way, tie off with thread and freeze to put on small burns without the watery mess, just wet it before touching the burn.

4. Tie off the finger with the hole in it and fill with water, lay over a small dish for a curved ice pack or flat in freezer for a ice pack.

5. For party fun fill with colored water, freeze and after taking the glove off rinse well then put in the punch bowl or break off the fingers and put in the glasses. The missing finger will only serve to make it more gruesome. Remember to tie off the glove finger with the hole in it. Put plastic spiders and such in the glove before filling and freezing for an added touch or red string licorice for veins.

6. Wear one for turning pages when working with lots of papers.

By Ann Winberg from Loup City, NE

I keep a decorated flower pot on my kitchen counter filled with medical exam gloves. Any time I am going to do something messy with my hands (such as breading chicken, greasing a pan with shortening, tossing a salad, cleaning a pot, etc.), I put on a pair of gloves. They are a lot less cumbersome than the rubber gloves, easy to put on and take off, and readily available.

Great for saving manicures and especially great for preventing the transmission of unwanted germs. I buy mine from an on-line medical supply company.

By nema from Canton, MA

Use disposable rubber gloves for skinning and prepping raw chicken. If you need to answer the door or are interrupted for any reason; just peel them off and dispose of them.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

Wear fingers of medical gloves to keep from snagging delicate fabrics with rough fingertips when sewing or crafting.

Everyone's in a hurry when preparing meals and cleaning up, so try using medical-type latex gloves when making meatloaf, rolling balls of cookie dough, kneading dough, etc. I don't even take off my rings, and don't have to worry about my nails.

Cleaning my hands after working with oil based paint is bothersome, smelly, and dries out my skin. Now when I work with oil based paint, I always wear latex gloves and my hands are kept clean.