Advice On Infrared Heaters

Has anybody used an infrared heater to heat their house this winter? I am going to have to buy something for this winter but don't want to be ripped off.

audrie12 from PA

Two years ago we switched from propane (running 400 dollars a month) to heat our home to electric space heaters. One each for every room. We use the heaters that look like accordians. They circulate the oil or water around in the heaters. The first year we experimented with the infrared heater by buying two to begin with. They didn't last the whole winter. They would overheat and cut off. Now, we have the accordian kind and love them. Our electric bill only went up $60 in the coldest months. Alot better than paying $400 a month for propane. I priced propane the other day for my mom and they were charging $2.70 a gallon. Of course, I am in Georgia. Hope this info helps some.

It really depends upon where you live as to the best heating for your home. We've tried a few different types of heating & for small, closed spaces infrared heaters work well. They're good for families too. We have a large open space home so use a wood fire there which is dusty but free. Generally I like natural products & have used a few different far infrared therapy products from http://www.thermomedic.com with great success but it does depend upon your own requirements.

Infrared Heater
Infrared Heating Tips and Reviews
Consumer Advice Product Reviews House and Home Space HeatersApril 29, 2008
Baseboard Heater in front of Window
Baby Proofing Baseboard Heaters
Turbo Oven
Using a Turbo Oven
🎉
🎄