Can You Use Easy Off in a Self Cleaning Oven?

Good grief. I cleaned my son's self-cleaning oven with Easy Off. Have I ruined the oven?

By Carolyn from Shreveport, LA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

We first use the self cleaning feature and then the Easy Off to clean the difficult spot. No, I don't believe you have done any damage. I am sure the self cleaning element will work the nexttime the oven needs cleaning.

Thank the good Lord! I don't have a self-cleaning oven, ergo I never once thought about it.

No, you haven't ruined it. Just rinse well with wet washrag.

I don't know if easy off would damage the oven or not, but when ever we clean the oven we use Windex, that gets the oven really clean! and it isn't harsh! :)

The older ovens that had a coating that made them easier to clean were the ones damaged by oven cleaners. The newer ovens are not. The newer oven cleaners are much less caustic also.

The only damage you 'might' have done is to remove some of the glossy finish of the inside of the oven. That should be no big deal unless your son really cares about perfect surfaces ;-) In the future I recommend you tell your son to clean his own oven by simply turning on the self cleaning buttons. It's really easy. ;-)

LOL Duly noted, Deeli :)

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJanuary 7, 2011
Man Greeting the Dawn
Building Self Confidence and Self Esteem
Self-Publishing a Book
Self-Publishing a Book
Keeping Your Oven Clean, Young Woman Cleaning her Oven
Keeping Your Oven Clean
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 13, 2016 at 8:04:13 AM on 10.0.2.132 in 900 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.