Share Crafts

Salt Stains on Leather

If you get salt stains on your leather shoes or boots in the wintertime, mix one tablespoon of white vinegar in one cup of water. Dip a clean soft rag in the liquid, the wipe the salt stains. Allow to dry and your shoes should be good as new!

By Becki in Indiana

Best CommentPost a Comment

These comments have been rated the best for this article.

By stella (Guest Post) 03/20/2008

WOW! This really does work, I cleaned my mom's salt stains off her leather boots with this vinegar mixture THEN I polished them with the inside of a banana peel. They look great and I then sprayed them with a leather protector!

I used a tooth brush to get the excess banana quish out of the seams, but the boots really did polish up nice! Does anyone have a natural solution for protecting leather verses, using the toxic protector stuff!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By icypenguin74 1 03/13/2013

This is amazing! It works great, I had a HUGE salt stain going across my boot and I used this recipe and it looks good as new, dries really fast when put under light! Pleased with the outcome! Thanks again, I'm gonna remember this for next time!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By (Guest Post) 09/10/2007

Does this work on suede too?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Carolyn M. 1 10/17/2014

Worked like a charm on my suede boots - wish I would've taken before and after pics! Thank you, Becky!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Post a Comment