Browsing: Removing Stains on Clothing

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Stains on Clothing

Our clothes seem to be stain magnets; some are very difficult to remove. This is a guide about removing stains on clothing.

Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

November 30, 2011 Flag

Awesome cleaner from the Dollar Store works great on every stain there is. From grease to grass stains on fabric, and will not affect the color of fabric! It is great for cleaning everything from lawn furniture to stove tops. It is well worth a dollar!

By Beverly C. from Hanover TWP., PA

May 24, 2010 Flag

I really can't take any credit for this tip at all, except to tell you that it works. I used it to remove human urine from the decorative contour rug around our commode. Recently, someone from ThriftyFun suggested it and all credit to her.

August 16, 2010 Flag

I have on several occasions used the hand cleaner Goop as a spot remover. I have used it on items that have gone through the washer and dryer with grease spots. Put Goop on the stain and rub it in. Leave it on from 5 minutes to a day or two before washing. If the stain doesn't come out the first time, try again. It will often come out the second time.

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

November 7, 2007 Flag

Each of my laundry baskets has either a handle or holes on sides. If I see an item in the laundry pile that needs special attention such as pre-treatment, I will thread that item through the handle or holes. This allows me to remember to treat that item, but it also alerts my hubby to not wash that item. He doesn't do laundry often but when he does, he knows not to mess with those items. It saves both my time in fighting the stain, and fighting with him over washing something he wasn't supposed too.

By Denise from Nebraska

July 10, 2011 Flag

My husband spilled coffee on his new cotton robe and then put in by the washer and drier. I was not told of the stain and when I came across the stain it was approximately 3 hours later. I sprayed the stain with Shout, let it sit for 5 minutes and then laundered as usual with warm water. I did not notice the light stain when I removed the robe from the washer and then dried it. Now I have a light stain and a not happy husband; so how do I remove a set in coffee stain on a cotton robe?

By Cathy

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If all that fails then you can moisten the spot pour lemon concentrate on it and salt it down good with salt and lay flat in sun and it will draw it out.

Read More Answers...

June 19, 2007 Flag

I spilled red jello all over the front of my white pants. It had dried before I could get home. No remedy seemed to work so I tried carpet spot and stain remover.

March 18, 2010 Flag

I made a French hand sewn dress for my daughter, 26 years ago. It is a light lavender color and cotton. A small light brown spot is on it. How can I get it out for my granddaughter to wear?

By Melinda from MS

I use vinegar to remove stains from a white evening gown, apply it several times ,put in sunshine,i f that don't work, if you have a piece of that fabric left you can cut out the stain & sew the fabric on the under side or get an iron on patch to mend it, good luck.

Read More Answers...

October 2, 2013 Flag

I have a plain white t-shirt. I noticed the last time that I washed it, it came out of the washing machine, with 3 small black spots on it. These spots, weren't on my other clothes. I ran a washing machine cleaning (no clothes) with chlorine liquid bleach and hot water. Then, I did treating, of the shirt with Dawn dish detergent and tried washing it again. No luck. Please advise. Thank you.

By L. Lackey

If you think these black spots are dots from a black ink pen, spray the dots with hair spray and then wash as usual. The ink should start to "run" when you spray it. If it doesn't "run," its not ink.

If you think it might be mold, you'll need to use another method. Clothes left to sit in a washing machine tend to get moldy. Thats why they get a sour smell. It is the mold starting to form.

Best wishes always.

October 1, 2008 Flag

I love Gymboree clothing, however as you know Gymboree stains really badly. I tried everything but nothing works. Any suggestions?

Maria

Best product ever is M30. you can get it at dollar general in a tub for 1.00. A lady who owns a consignment store told me about it.

Read More Answers...

December 9, 2010 Flag

I keep a spray bottle of laundry stain remover by our dirty basket so when there is a stain, I spray it on the item of clothing before putting it in the laundry basket. This way it has a longer time to work and I don't have to remember which item has the stain.

October 5, 2010 Flag

How can I remove set in stains from clothing?

By Brandi from Ontario

The best only cost a dollar. Most dollar stores carry this product. You can even use it in the wash. It is called awesome. Its a multi-purpose degreaser. It works amazing spray it on stains let it sit a few minutes then throw in wash.

January 14, 2010 Flag

I wanted to get stains out of my kids clothes and of course my family, I tried everything. So to get the water in Nebraska to soften more, I used Cascade with bleach, then to protect all colors in our clothes I used Clorox II.

August 4, 2009 Flag

I was using Old English scratch cover on my coffee table, the dark stain, and accidentally got spots of this stain on my cream colored top. How do I remove this stain. Thanks for any advice out there.

bettydeboop

By bettydeboop from Middleton, NH

I use spray and wash with resolve. It works really well. Just spray it rub the cloth and wash it.

September 11, 2007 Flag

Here is a tip for keeping clothes nice longer! I have had to throw out clothes with small stains, because we didn't notice them soon enough to treat the stain. I have started keeping a laundry stain stick next to each of my hampers.

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsMarch 13, 2012
sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Baby being fed with formula.
Removing Baby Formula Stains from Clothing
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 23, 2016 at 11:15:40 AM on 10.0.0.182 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.