Lovely Home Scents

I love all types of air fresheners, candles, plug-ins, etc. I will buy one nice votive, burn it until it can no longer burn, then add it to a small dish that fits on top of my "heated candle plate" for additional use! You know the little hot plate type scent distributors that you usually put a jar candle on to warm up and distribute wonderful scents?

I also reuse my used holiday flavored tea bags (they come in gingerbread, candy cane, sugar plum, etc.) in some water on these hot plates to have a lovely scent for no additional cost. Mmmmmm!

By AHA! from Sterling, PA

what a clever idea. I would have never thought of this.

Another idea that I use to make my home smell good, but not fake when company is coming... Just turn a burner on the stove on to low & sprinkle a TINY bit of cinnamon power on it, Then wait about 30 seconds & turn the burner off... The smell of real cinnamon will fill the air & it will smell like you've been baking!

Cyinda has a good idea, and you can go one step further. I put in orange peels and when I have them, apple cores and some of the peels, too. The citrus and apple plus the cinnamon and cloves make the house smell good for day!

Better Living Frugal Living TipsDecember 18, 2008
Woman Spraying Perfume
Fragrance Tips and Tricks
Candles and Matches
Candle Safety Tips
Making a Pomander Ball
Making a Pomander Ball