Homemade Auto Glass Cleaner

I need a good, non-streak, washing liquid for the windshield of my car. Not for the windshield washer, this is so I can wash the inside and outside of my windshields and not have a film or streaking.

Thank you.

By Mary from Irvine, CA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

We have always used just a small amount of non-sudsing ammonia in a bucket of warm water, and a microfiber cloth to clean the windows in the autos, and home. Be sure to wear some gloves, and keep a window open for fresh air, as ammonia is irritating to most people.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I use white vinegar for cleaning anything and everything. It will definitely cut grease. If it is being used on something I am not sure of, I try a small patch, and then rinse it well. So far I've been completely satisfied.

For the outside, just use water, or dish soap or Mr. clean or similar in water and a squeegee. For the inside, I use Windex and a towel.

Answer

Windshield wiper tip on windshield
Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Window CleanersAugust 15, 2010
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Thief Breaking into Car
Preventing Auto Theft
Cleaning Windows
Homemade Window and Glass Cleaner Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 26, 2016 at 9:27:41 PM on 10.0.0.231 in 569 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.