Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Homemade Auto Glass Cleaner

I need a good, non-streak, washing liquid for the windshield of my car. Not for the windshield washer, this is so I can wash the inside and outside of my windshields and not have a film or streaking.

Thank you.

By Mary from Irvine, CA

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Louise B. [4]08/19/2010

For the outside, just use water, or dish soap or Mr. clean or similar in water and a squeegee. For the inside, I use Windex and a towel.

By Clynn Altemus [21]08/16/2010

I know I sound like a broken record, but I use white vinegar for cleaning anything and everything. It will definitely cut grease. If it is being used on something I am not sure of, I try a small patch, and then rinse it well. So far I've been completely satisfied.

By Frances Adams [11]08/16/2010

We have always used just a small amount of non-sudsing ammonia in a bucket of warm water, and a microfiber cloth to clean the windows in the autos, and home. Be sure to wear some gloves, and keep a window open for fresh air, as ammonia is irritating to most people.