When making noise-making pet toys, such as the ones using empty water bottles, potato chip canisters, or pill bottles, use dry food or treats instead of the suggested marbles, bells, etc. If the pet gets the container open, there will be no risk of swallowing something harmful.
By jf63 from IL
Brilliant idea! And reusing items like empty soda bottles and oatmeal boxes adds to the fun, except for the cleaner-upper, lol!
I second that, Brilliant idea! Peanut butter jars, not washed out, and given to the dog make great "Kongs" as they lick out the peanut butter.
I wouldn't let them keep after it for more than an hour. I always watch them when they have any kind of toy if they are heavy chewers.
I believe you might want to rethink what you are planning to make these toys out of. Many of these items if chewed or swallowed could be a health hazard to a dog. For example a plastic water bottle or definitely a plastic pill bottle. Chewed just right, the pieces could potentially end up sharp and could cut the dog's insides. Some dogs would chew and spit, but some would ingest the pieces...I don't think I want my dog's stomach full of plastic. Is it worth it to save a dollar or two?
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!