Caring for Formica Countertops

How do I care for painted Formica countertops? It has three coats of oil-based polyurethane.

Beth from Jacksonville, Florida

Hi Beth,

Did you ever get a response to this? If so, can you please let me know how you clean your countertops. I just posted the same question and then came across your posting. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks,

Hi: I'm janitor at my church and also have countertops at home. Not sure what you mean about 'care' of formica, as just washing with your favorite cleaner usually is enough. You can buy a gloss coat for formica at a hardware store if you like. I tried it and found it to be much like car wax. I found turtle wax best on formica high use tables at home. The white formica at church, I have had to bleach lightly and also scrub off permanant magic marker.... and countertop is over 45 years old. So care of formica is pretty simple really. Hope this helped!

painted formica countertops
Painting a Formica Countertop
Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenDecember 29, 2006
Cleaning Formica
hot coffee pot placed on counter by waitress
Removing Heat Stains and Burn Marks on Formica
Bottle of Clorox bleach.
Repairing Bleach Stains on Formica