Featherbed Urine Smell Removal

In an effort to remove urine stains from my featherbed I soaked it in my tub. I hung it outside to dry, then replaced it on the bed. It has a horrible smell. Is there something I can do to remove the smell?

Sharon from PA

Get some enzyme pet stain remover like Nature's Miracle or PetZyme and soak it again. You can get it at any pet store. Let it sit in there for at least an hour. No need to rinse it out. Hang the feather bed on the line until it is dry. Hopefully, this should get rid of the smell. If you are unable to go through the whole process again, spray it down with the enzyme mixture. The enzymes eat the bacteria that cause the smell.

- Susan

You can also find enzyme stain remover at your local janitor supply store, sometimes cheaper than the pet store.

Cleaning a Featherbed
Cleaning a Featherbed
Home and Garden Cleaning Linens and BlanketsSeptember 26, 2004
A kitten sitting on a wood floor.
Cleaning Cat Urine Smell on Hardwood Floors
big cat in a car
Removing Cat Urine Smell From Car Interior
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout