Making a Small Garden Pond

I thought I would share this thrifty idea as I only have a small garden and wanted a pond.

The pond had to be small due to lack of room so I made two little ponds side by side using an old washing-up bowl and a deeper mop bucket. I put the bowl and bucket in separate bin liners so as not to see the sides when they were full of water. I then dug a hole large enough for the two items, made sure they were level by filling the bowl and bucket with water and looking at the levels and adjusting them until they were level. Then I filled around them with garden soil and edged it with some pieces of broken flat slate that I had lying around, and cemented the slate in. I put some stones in the corners so that frogs or anything else can get in and out. I know there is a frog around that area as I have seen it.

Finally I had two figures that my daughter didn't want, I made a little fishing rod and started planting around the sides. I will put more plants around to finish it off when they grow in my mini- greenhouse:-

By Richardpeeej from Leicester UK

This is absolutely gorgeous. So glad you thought of the animals too.

Marg from England.

What process do you use to clean out the water in this little pond without a pump? To prevent flying stinging pests.

Cute idea.

Garden Pond
Building a Garden Pond
Home and Garden Gardening Ponds and RockeryApril 28, 2010
garden pond
Installing a Preformed Garden Pond
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Controlling Algae in a Pond
Controlling Algae in a Pond
Beautiful Swan
Decorating a Pond for a Wedding