Transport Salad Dressing In Recycled Water Bottle

I like to make my own salad dressings to take to work with me to use on my salads to cut back on calories. My dilemma always comes in what to put it in that is easy and portable. In order to recycle, I rinse out an empty plastic disposable water bottle, use a funnel to put my dressing in the bottle and the put the lid on it and take it to work with me. Not only are you helping the environment by reusing those plastic bottles, but the bottle is good to reshake and stir your dressings in as well.

By Jenifer from Kentucky

This is a great idea. I know a few friends that can really use this one.

If you transport vinegar/oil (italian) salad dressing in a re-used water bottle you can make it even easier to use by putting on a "sports" type lid. Some bottled water has this type of lid. The kind that you pull up to drink from, like the lid to hand dishwashing liquid.

We keep liquid mouthwash in a re-used water bottle w/ a sports top. Much easier for kids to pour into their cups, less mess & waste.

Good idea. Just make sure not to use the same water bottle for an extended time period. They were not designed to last and be reused so some of the chemicals in the bottle may eventually start to get into your dressing!

I have found that a film 35mm film canister will hold just enough dressing (or ketchup, or whatever) for one serving. Just be sure to wash it thoroughly first.

Woman Having Salad for Lunch
Packing Salad for Lunch
Food and Recipes Food Tips School and Work LunchJanuary 18, 2008
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Potato Salad Dressing
Potato Salad Dressing Recipes
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix