Garden: Spectacular Pink Rose

Here in Davis, CA the roses are now past their prime. I caught a shot of this beautiful rose right outside my door. It is a climbing variety and I have never seen anything like it. It seemed to be 3 roses in one; just spectacular. Out here in Zone 9, I do nothing special with my roses. I let the aphids have their share because something will definitely have a feast on the aphids. We garden pretty naturally here and everything balances out beautifully.

By Karen from Davis, CA

That is a beautiful rose. I've never seen one with so many petals. We live in Texas and since we moved to a different house 7 years ago, I haven't had much luck with roses. I'm sure your California weather is much more agreeable than ours.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

That is so spectacular. I live in Northern Canada, the beginning of the Alcan Highway. There are a few hardy variety of roses here but nothing like farther south. I used to visit my Dad in the Okanagan where roses grow like weeds. I found that the peach colored ones have the most appealing smell. One lady caught me smelling her flowers over the fence and I had to explain myself.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I used to live in La Jolla Ca and a neighbor used to grow them up on a trellis in the original 5 gallon buckets the buckets were old but the spectacular roses like yours with not much work. I love that color pink it looks like frosting flowers.

Thank you for the lovely photo.

Reply Like this photo? Yes