Garden: Spectacular Pink Rose

Here in Davis, CA the roses are now past their prime. I caught a shot of this beautiful rose right outside my door. It is a climbing variety and I have never seen anything like it. It seemed to be 3 roses in one; just spectacular. Out here in Zone 9, I do nothing special with my roses. I let the aphids have their share because something will definitely have a feast on the aphids. We garden pretty naturally here and everything balances out beautifully.

By Karen from Davis, CA

Spectacular pink rose.

That is a beautiful rose. I've never seen one with so many petals. We live in Texas and since we moved to a different house 7 years ago, I haven't had much luck with roses. I'm sure your California weather is much more agreeable than ours.

That is so spectacular. I live in Northern Canada, the beginning of the Alcan Highway. There are a few hardy variety of roses here but nothing like farther south. I used to visit my Dad in the Okanagan where roses grow like weeds. I found that the peach colored ones have the most appealing smell. One lady caught me smelling her flowers over the fence and I had to explain myself.

I used to live in La Jolla Ca and a neighbor used to grow them up on a trellis in the original 5 gallon buckets the buckets were old but the spectacular roses like yours with not much work. I love that color pink it looks like frosting flowers.

Thank you for the lovely photo.

Pink Rose
Pink Rose Photos
Photos GardenMay 28, 2008
Nursery with pink walls.
Decorating Rooms With Pink Colored Walls
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Growing Cleome
Growing Cleome
Pink Roses
Photos of Roses