Manual Carpet Sweeper Reviews

Vacuum cleaners are getting to be too much of a hassle. Are there any good manual carpet sweepers for removing crumbs, threads, etc.?

I have an old Bissel carpet sweeper that I have use all the time. Great for quick pickups of pet hair, crumbs, etc. Although it will not do a "deep" clean on carpets, for most small jobs, it's wonderful!'s easily emptied.

I used to sell Fuller Brush products and thats where I got my sweeper and I love it. I have level loop throughout my house and it is great for in between vacuuming and after the grandkids have been to my house. My advice is not to get a cheapie! You'll have to pay around $50-$80 for a good sweeper that hugs the floor and gets against the wall real well. I have had a couple of cheaper sweepers and I got rid of them. They weren't worth taking out of the closet. Look in a commercial cleaning catalog or restaurant supply if you aren't happy with what you can find locally. Try it out. The cheapie sweepers I got rid of were a popular name brand (Bissel) but even name brands have different levels of quality/price for the same type of product. Good Luck.

I have an Oreck XL carpet sweeper I bought at a garage sale for 1.00 It works wonderful on short knap carpets.

Oreck sells an old fashioned carpet sweeper or "Hokie." They have two different models: a regular one and a commercial one which holds up to much more abuse. The "restaurantuer" (commercial one) costs about $100.00, but works great. I've been using mine for about 17 years so far with no problems. My son even took it to college with him where it was used by all his friends, and he accidently left it at a club his band was playing, where they used it for a few months too. Although it will not deep clean carpets, it's great for picking up threads, fuzz balls, and misc stuff from carpet surfaces. It also works on hard surfaces like kitchen or bathroom floors, or tile entryways to pick up crumbs, dirt, and pieces of food. The roller (not sure what to call it) comes out for cleaning. It's great for quick pick-ups and doesn't take up much room for storage.

my husband recently bought me one of those swiffer carpet flick thingies ($16) and a box of refills ($6), I have to say I love this thing (and my husband too but some days the carpet flick more lol).

I use it once a day on the carpets and then once I week I break out the big vaccum and do an overall clean, you cant imagine how wonderful it is not to have to haul that big bulky thing around so much... I strongly recommend trying one out if you can

I used BISSELL Carpet Sweeper, it was good, however, this company do not have any replacement parts for this item.

A replacement Brush was ordered (very expensive for 18 dollars, including shipping & handling) still it was not delivered. When contacted Customer service, the reply was that company stopped replacement parts for this sweeper. It is recommended NOT TO BUY a product from a company if they cannot supply replacement parts.

ACE Hardware sells a Bissett for $26.99 and it is just like the one my grandma used to use, way back in the 1940's. She only got the men folk to move the area rugs to the yard and hang over a clothes line where she would beat them with a "Rug Beater" once a year during Spring Housecleaning! The manual carpet sweeper had to do for the rest of the year.

I bought a sweeper from Target for only $14 that was called real simple or something like that that was great! It was better than the higher dollar ones that I got later because my grandson broke the handle on mine and I have not been able to find one again! I would love to know where to buy another one.

People today don't know how products (including carpet sweepers) used to be made--strong and long lasting.

In the early 1980s I bought a Bissell manual carpet sweeper. It finally broke--in Feb 2009--having lasted almost 30 years. It had a steel body heavy enough to not get dented, two rollers with boar's head bristles, 2 heights--for carpet or floor; it picked up most dust and pet hair as well as larger trash. Unlike plastics, it was not a super dust magnet.

I didn't have room for a full-sized vaccuum cleaner for my small apartment--but occasionally would borrow a friend's. (Six months ago I borrowed a 30-year-old Kirby which did a wonderful job.

As its owner says, "it really sucks!")

I bought a replacement--no need to mention the brand. It's one of those modern "made to break" items like most of what's made today. It's smaller, made of flimsy plastic, with one roller of cheap nylon bristles, the mechanism to open the dust pans doesn't work and I don't dare force it since it's obviously it would break. It only picks up larger trash. I'm going to return it--and now what can I do? I urge "green manufacturers" to start building products like they used to be made--built for durability and of simple, functional design.

Manual Carpet Sweeper Reviews
Manual Carpet Sweeper Reviews
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsJuly 4, 2006
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Baby Lock Imagine Serger
Finding a Baby Lock Imagine Serger Manual
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Welbilt Bread Machine
Finding Welbilt Bread Machine Manuals