Manual Carpet Sweeper Reviews

Category Cleaning
Manual carpet sweepers can be used for quick cleaning jobs. This is a guide about manual carpet sweeper reviews.

Vacuum cleaners are getting to be too much of a hassle. Are there any good manual carpet sweepers for removing crumbs, threads, etc.?

JOE from PHILADELPHIA

Answers

By (Guest Post)

I have an old Bissel carpet sweeper that I have use all the time. Great for quick pickups of pet hair, crumbs, etc. Although it will not do a "deep" clean on carpets, for most small jobs, it's wonderful! Bonus....it's easily emptied.

By carla bledsoe (Guest Post)

I used to sell Fuller Brush products and thats where I got my sweeper and I love it. I have level loop throughout my house and it is great for in between vacuuming and after the grandkids have been to my house. My advice is not to get a cheapie! You'll have to pay around $50-$80 for a good sweeper that hugs the floor and gets against the wall real well.

I have had a couple of cheaper sweepers and I got rid of them. They weren't worth taking out of the closet. Look in a commercial cleaning catalog or restaurant supply if you aren't happy with what you can find locally. Try it out. The cheapie sweepers I got rid of were a popular name brand (Bissel) but even name brands have different levels of quality/price for the same type of product. Good Luck.

By C Tewksbury (Guest Post)

I have an Oreck XL carpet sweeper I bought at a garage sale for 1.00 It works wonderful on short knap carpets.

Oreck sells an old fashioned carpet sweeper or "Hokie." They have two different models: a regular one and a commercial one which holds up to much more abuse. The "restaurantuer" (commercial one) costs about $100.00, but works great. I've been using mine for about 17 years so far with no problems. My son even took it to college with him where it was used by all his friends, and he accidently left it at a club his band was playing, where they used it for a few months too.

Although it will not deep clean carpets, it's great for picking up threads, fuzz balls, and misc stuff from carpet surfaces. It also works on hard surfaces like kitchen or bathroom floors, or tile entryways to pick up crumbs, dirt, and pieces of food. The roller (not sure what to call it) comes out for cleaning. It's great for quick pick-ups and doesn't take up much room for storage.

By Bonnie (Guest Post)

my husband recently bought me one of those swiffer carpet flick thingies ($16) and a box of refills ($6), I have to say I love this thing (and my husband too but some days the carpet flick more lol).

I use it once a day on the carpets and then once I week I break out the big vaccum and do an overall clean, you cant imagine how wonderful it is not to have to haul that big bulky thing around so much... I strongly recommend trying one out if you can

I'm looking to purchase a good and reasonably priced sweeper that will last and do a good job.

June from Kent, WA

Answers

I have recently purchased the new and improved Swiffer Sweep and Vac and I love it! I got a $3 coupon out of a local newspaper and got the vac for $27! It picks up all the big stuff and the sweeper cloth gets all the little stuff and dust. This thing even picks up cat food and cat hair! I highly recommend this product.

I have a Bissell Powerforce that I bought about 2 years ago at Wal-Mart.
It was on sale for around $50.
It is the best sweeper I've had in a long time.
I like it much better than the Oreck I had bought for $300!

By Jenna (Guest Post)

I needed a sweeper for a house with no electricity and decided on a cordless vac.
The Oreck cordless, the Bissell, and Shark didn't pick up everything.

Finally, I bought the Eureka Cordless Quick-Up (grey one, not the yellow one from WalMart). I hesitated to buy this because the battery was only rated to last 15 minutes. I had a whole house to do. It turned out to be a 3 lb. dynamo. As long as I change the setting for carpet or floor, it picks up everything. The dust cup is easy to remove and the handle detaches so it becomes a "dust-buster" for stairs or furniture or car. At about 3 lbs., it is light enough to carry anywhere.

So far, I've never run out of power although I often forget to put in on the charger more than once a week. When the battery starts to go, an extra battery is inexpensive.

It now cleans my house, including the ceramic tile and grout lines that nothing else cleaned satisfactorily. My throw rugs no longer have to be shaken outside. And I am no longer exhausted from lugging the heavy vacuum around, or dragging the electric broom cord from plug to plug, only to be aggravated when it takes so many passes to pick up about 1/2 of what it should. (It never has conquered my ceramic tile grout lines.) I'm sure this little guy doesn't "deep clean" carpets but it keeps them looking nice enough that I can vacuum with my heavy duty vac when I get to it.