Removing Oil Spots on Linoleum

How do I get oil spots off linoleum caused by casters?

Doreen from Cranbrook, BC, Canada

Is it REALLY linoleum flooring (made from linseed oil) like back in the 1930's. or is it VINYL flooring, like the newer flooring. This makes a difference in cleaning etc. (most people use these terms interchangeably). Also, what are the casters made from that made the "oil" mark?

The best way to remove oil, tar and anything else that seems to stubborn, is WD40. I use it on so many things i wash I owned some stock in the company. Trust me, you will be amazed.

I had some knee covers that had old black tar from removing basement tile. They were while when I started and after cleaning them with WD40. They were like new again. My helper wanted to throw them away. I still have them. And they look and work great.

Goof off. It gets ANYTHING off.