Removing Oil Spots on Linoleum

How do I get oil spots off linoleum caused by casters?

Doreen from Cranbrook, BC, Canada

Is it REALLY linoleum flooring (made from linseed oil) like back in the 1930's. or is it VINYL flooring, like the newer flooring. This makes a difference in cleaning etc. (most people use these terms interchangeably). Also, what are the casters made from that made the "oil" mark?

The best way to remove oil, tar and anything else that seems to stubborn, is WD40. I use it on so many things i wash I owned some stock in the company. Trust me, you will be amazed.

I had some knee covers that had old black tar from removing basement tile. They were while when I started and after cleaning them with WD40. They were like new again. My helper wanted to throw them away. I still have them. And they look and work great.

Goof off. It gets ANYTHING off.

Bathroom with vinyl flooring.
Removing Stains on Vinyl and Linoleum Flooring
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsMarch 12, 2008
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
Hand wearing pink glove scrubbing white vinyl floor with blue sponge.  Black bucket with green cloth in the background
Cleaning Mold on Vinyl Flooring
Nail polish spilled on the floor.
Cleaning Nail Polish Stains on Linoleum
Cleaning Discolored Linoleum