Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Crockpot Cabbage and Meatballs

I love the flavor the cabbage gives this meal. Instead of making cabbage rolls, when my children were little, I would just make it this way and just not give the cabbage to the children. My husband and I could still enjoy the flavors together and the children loved the little hamburger balls and potatoes.

• 1 head of cabbage
  • 2 lb. ground beef
  • 3/4 cups instant rice
  • 1 onion diced
  • 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 1 tsp. diced garlic
  • 2 cans of tomato soup
  • 4 or 5 potatoes, cut into quarters

Directions:

Place peeled and quartered potatoes into the bottom of crock pot. Mix the ground beef, instant rice, onion, seasoned salt, pepper, and garlic together. Shape into balls about 2 inches around. Put the meatball on top of potatoes.

Cut the cabbage in half and then cut each half into wedges, place over the meatballs. Mix the 2 cans of tomato soup with 1 cup water and pour over the ingredients in the crockpot. Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours, or high for 2 hours, changing to low for 4 hours, or until potatoes are soft.

By Dorothy from New Creek, WV

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Donna [108]02/16/2014

Made this last night! Really good! I used brown rice (not instant) and just ran the crockpot on high for 4 hours. Delish! This one goes into my recipe box! Much easier than making cabbage rolls but the same great taste!

By dorothy wedenoja [161]10/12/2011

Thanks for the comments ladies. You use instant rice in this, so the rice is not cooked first. Enjoy, Dorothy

By barb [6]10/12/2011

Do I have to cook the instant rice first? Just curious because I want to make this for dinner tonight.

By nancy10/09/2011

I always make cabbage rolls but this way is so much easier, and putting potatoes with this meal is very good. Making this meal today can't wait to dig in. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

By Copasetic 1 [211]10/06/2011

It sounds like a really good, easy meal. I have made cabbage soup before, which is basically unstuffed cabbage, but I didn't put potatoes in it. This sounds like something I'd like in the winter.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.