Egg Salad Recipe

I am looking for an egg salad recipe. My grandmother, now deceased, made the best egg salad sandwich and of course, it was not written down anywhere. I seem to recall thinking that several other Seventh Day Adventist woman made it the same way. I don't know if it was in a book somewhere, possibly "Apple a Day".

My grandmother lived in Angwin, in Northern California. This recipe is not swimming in Mayo like most are these days and everything was chopped the same size. The consistency was thick and slightly dry. Sometimes she would put olives in it. If anyone has such a recipe written down or has it memorized I would really appreciate it. Thank you,

By RonElk from Clearlake Oaks, CA

I made this sandwich for my sister and niece's weddings, everyone loved it. I hope you do to.

Bacon-and-Egg-salad sandwiches

6 large hard boiled eggs, peeled and finely chopped

1/2 cup mayonnaise

2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

6 slices bacon cooked and coarsely chopped

1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce such as tabasco

coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper

5 tablespoons butter, room temperature

18 slices of white bread

1/4 cup finely chopped chives

1. Place chopped eggs in medium bowl. Add mayonnaise, mustard, cayenne pepper, and bacon; stir to combine. Add hot pepper sauce and season with salt and pepper.

2. Thinly spread butter on 2 slices of bread ; cover one slice with egg salad, and top with other slice. use a serrated knife to trim crusts and cut into 4 squares.

3. Dip one edge in chopped chives. Repeat with remaining ingredients

Deeli's Egg Salad

6 jumbo eggs, chopped

4 tbls mayonnaise

2 tsp Dijon mustard

1/3 cup stuffed Manzanilla olives, chopped

salt and pepper to taste

dashes of Tabasco sauce to taste

She might have put something with a flavor accent (like dill or celery seed) in it. Check out Rachael Ray's recipes. She has proclaimed that she doesn't care for mayo, so she uses olive oil. Even searching for tuna salad recipes might give you a clue.

6 eggs boiled

1/2 small onion chopped very fine

1/2 stalk celery chopped very fine

1 tsp sweet pickle relish

Boil eggs, peel in cold water

In a bowl mash eggs well

add onions an celery an relish

add mayo 1 heaping tablespoon at a time till you reach the consistency you like

add a small squeeze of mustard and stir

salt and pepper to taste

If it tastes right, it's ready to serve

If it was a Seventh Day Adventist recipe, I doubt that it had eggs in it -- uless they have changed and become more liberal in their diet over the years. We had several Seventh Day Adventists living in our neighborhood near Loma Linda, California and none of them ate animal products. Their egg salad sandwiches were made with Tofu.

I was raised a Seventh day Adventist I am now 74 years and and have always used Egg and Milk products that was the way our family did, however the change to a Vegan seem that there are many people that are going that way, I personally do not think it is a complete diet to live by. I believe that we should have a balanced Diet.

Unless it is due to health problem's and the body can't use it like people with milk allergy

Egg Salad Recipes
Egg Salad Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes EggsMay 26, 2009
Egg Custard Pie
Egg Custard Pie Recipes
Soft Boiled Egg
Making a Soft Boiled Egg
Egg Salad
Making Egg Salad
Wood Salad Bowl
Caring For Wood Salad Bowls