Childsafe Remedy For Ticks

For the first time in my dogs life he has ticks and now they are infesting my home. What can I do to get rid of them? What can I do? I have a 3yr old and need a safe remedy.

Tami from Mesa, AZ

Get some powdered Vitamin B1 from a health food store and sprinkle it over your dog's food. It will produce a smell on your dog's skin that humans can't smell but is offensive to ticks and other insects. Ask a vet or a dog breeder how much you need, it varies by the size of the dog. Some people say this doesn't work but my sister tried it on her dog and said it worked great. Don't buy B complex. That contains niacin which is supposed to be harmful to dogs. Some dogs refuse to eat this at first but just leave the food there, when he gets hungry he'll eat it. Once dogs get used to B1 they love it. And keep his water dish full, B1 causes increased thirst until your body gets used to it.

I have read that if you put vinegar in a dogs water it helps with different things. I use it with my dogs because of the kids allergy to fleas. We have been flea free for 3 years now and I am very faithfull to the vinegar. I do not use flea powders or collars either. I put a teaspoon of vinegar per cup or cup and a half of water. It takes some getting used to but my dogs adjusted within a week to the taste

I have owned dogs and cats for many years and I live in the country side, the best way to keep ticks and fleas off the animals is to use Frontline Topical you can buy on line or at pet stores and vet offices. It is rather expensive but it works. I have tried many other brands over the years (to save money) but they didn't work and of course in the long run it was just a waste of money.

I had the same problem here in the western desert of Az also, and the house was sprayed with Raid, carpeting and linoleum, then mopped where I could like in the Bathroom etc. The most important thing we did was to purchase a large container of "Home Defense" at Ace hardware, we sprayed the yards and trees, we got rid of the ticks and that was about 10 years ago and have never had them since. I don't know where they came from but the neighbor lets cows run free and we think that's where they got started. I put Frontline on my dogs and protected them.

I have never had a problem with a tick, ever. I let my grand daughters aunt keep my grand daughters 3 month old baby while I went out of town. I was gone two days. She owns a puppy. When I brought the baby home he seemed to have a upset stomach, and vomited after he had a bottle.

Later that night my grand daughter noticed something in his head we thought it was dandruff or cradle cap. After removing some of it we noticed the little particles were moving. This first thing I thought of was he had gotten ticks from this puppy. How can I tell if I was right, and if I was what can I do to get rid of them. Do they multiply? Should we see a doctor NOW?

Food-grade diatomacious earth can be obtained at your local feed store. it's non toxic, but lethal to ticks. you simply dust it on your animals (it's like powder). Research it online, there's lots of info out there. Good luck!

Tick on Skin
Getting Rid of Ticks
Home and Garden Pest Control TicksSeptember 22, 2007
Tick Removal
Removing a Tick
Smelly Hands
Remedy for Smelly Hands
A beautiful horse.
Preventing Ticks on Horses
A tick being removed from a pet's skin.
Getting Rid of Ticks in Your House
🎉
🎄